Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Monolith Project


So as I'd stated previously I'm going to wire up some Necron Monoliths with LED lights. The one shown above got abducted from a random website for reference Unfortunately the modles are already completely built. Luckily thats the practice I need to take on the next LED project. Luckily these models aren't actually mine.

Since they are already built I have to work with what I can get access to, or make access to. I'd probably go about this differently if I was starting from scratch but thats not an option. My intent is to place a bright white LED in each corner gun to illuminate the corner gun green plastic rods. Put a green LED on the top to illuminate the top crystal and a green LED in the interior to illuminate what will be a siwrling green portal where the large golden symbology is on the picture above. I'm intending to install a 9v battery on the bottom with a switch, then have all of the wires running up thhe center support column inside. From there wires will branch out a hole I'll drill near the top of the column to complete the circuit.

Should be interesting

No comments: