Saturday, August 16, 2008

03128: Sela Windsprite, Elf Pirate


I picked this little elf up as soon as I saw her about a year and a half a go. I finally got around to painting her in the last week or so. My good friend Vic sculpted the out gassing and bullet discharged from the gun which this angle doesn't show off the effect very wel.

Originally I was trying to go for a beach base for her with a treasure chest. Sadly my PVA glue water effects methodologies didn't work out as expected and I was left with some sort of "marsh base". This is the first time I tried to to do the photography without the Macro settings. Just set up the camera about 16" away and used a larger image resolution. The Depth of field is better, almost too good as you can see the weave in the backdrop fabric.

I didn't notice the scraped off paint on her hair line until blown up in front of my face while I was cropping the image. So I'll fix that up, re-pose her and then update some time later.