Monday, September 26, 2011

Yuan Yuan

I've loved this miniature from the first moment I saw it.  Angel Giraldez, the studio painted for Infinity and several other companies, really is fantastic.  His technique is spot on and the speed at which he is able to finish figures is frightening.

Overall I'm very happy with the painting on this figure.  She was part of my exhibition at NCMSS 2011 show.  The judges did not find the piece as compelling as my Duke Gerard, and I contend that is the due to the base.

I built three bases for this figure, and I probably should have kept with the first one.  The figure screams "saboteur" to me and I decided the first base did not line up with that theme well enough.  But now I have no idea what this base is supposed to be.  Hooking up an undetonated bomb to a "laptop" the size of most desk top PCs now?!  On a far future themed model...

Yeah this was a brilliant idea!

No comments: