Monday, September 15, 2008

Nyss Sorceress


For this weeks miniature post I present the Nyss Sorceress from Privateer Press' Iron Kingdoms line. Our monthly RPG group recently started up a Savage Tides Campaign and Beautiful (which will be the proper name for my wife on the this blog from here on out) wanted to run a druid.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with how this figure turned out. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the cloak. The shape of the cloak components lend themselves to leaves or possibly feathers and scales. In the end I decided to go with leaves and even tried to free hand the leaf veins, which really didn't turn out to well.

Positive Aspects
Mid Rift: I think her flesh tones, and the free-hand belly button turned out pretty well. There's not a lot of flesh on the figure but I think I did a pretty good job on the mid rift and fingers.

Non-Metallic Metal: This is probably my best attempt at non-metallic painting to-date. I had not yet tried NMM since the class with Jeremie. He stated he painted True Metallics and Non-Metallics exactly the same, but he only went over true metallics during the class.

Negative Aspects:
The face: the way this figure was sculpted the face i shidden behind much of the hair. The end look on the sculpting is nice, but it's difficult to paint. Especially the eyes.

No comments: